Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Go-Live!!!

I'm not sure what I can and can't say as everything I deal with is under Restricted Commercial, but - I would just like to announce that....(drum roll, please).....

WE HAVE GONE LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND, we've done so successfully. After an initial hiccup the software worked smoothly, my end-users (after a swift refresher training session from me) whizzed through the applications and sauntered away from their computers with - I have to say - a bit of a smug grin really.

I have had the enormous satisfaction of seeing the past 1 and a half years of my life come to fruition.

SO, can I just give a big two fingers up and a yelled out '{four-letter word} you!' to:

The Times
The Guardian
The BBC
The Sun
HSJ
The British Medical Association
E-Health Insider

in fact, all of you c#*!s who with your inflammatory and sensationalist (and most of the time downright inaccurate and false) journalism managed to make my life so much more difficult, unpleasant and stressful during this period. I hope you all get squished in your own print press.

7 Comments:

Blogger Shizue said...

I didn't write this in the main section, but for those of you who know me DO NOT write either my full name or the area I work in. I will get in trouble if you do and yes, I am being serious.

This is probably the only relatively safe place I can have a rant, but best to be cautious.

4:24 PM  
Blogger meg said...

Fairy nuff. That also goes for me under all circumstances!!

And you're right. They are a bunch of cunts. (Why don't you write the word out in full? You're not going to get told off by anybody.)

4:39 PM  
Blogger Shizue said...

I went all bashful.

I haven't seen the vagina monologues yet.

4:40 PM  
Blogger I'm Over The Moon said...

I don't know where you work, can meg tell me? I'll keep it schtum, promise, it just sounds really interesting from a 'I like software, me' perspective!

4:09 PM  
Blogger Shizue said...

Yes she can tell you. As long as you remember that Dorcas will probably make up some sort of salacious guff then run away giggling.

4:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You need to see the Vagina Monologues. I went with a group of girls I barely knew in my first couple of weeks in Manchester.. it was certainly an icebreaker! And I got kudos as I was the only one among us who would dare tell their mother that I had seen it. (I think I even told my grandmother too!)

PS Shizue - good to see you've started blogging again. It's good to care about your work but you need to get the balance right!

PPS I am astounded by your ownership of quite so many pairs of shoes. Glad your enjoying your new place though.

5:04 PM  
Blogger I'm Over The Moon said...

That's ok, i can make up lots of good stuff about her too.

8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home