Friday, July 15, 2005

The pain, the pain...

Ugh. I'm stuck at home, for the second time in two weeks with a back problem. It isn't an excitingly slipped disc whilst out white water rafting or a rakishly obtained torn ligament from canyoning (both activities which I've done without incident). Oh no, I managed to put my back out by getting up off the sofa.

'Oh, how risky!' I hear you exclaim. Yes, strong men would blanch at the prospect of a well-plumped sofa, I know.

Isn't it pathetic? Much as I deplore the state of today's youth's health, I can't say I'm bucking the trend any. Despite the gym membership - and the fact its at the end of my (short) road - I haven't graced it's portal in nearly a year. I get winded going up the stairs to my office so I take the lift and I zoom in on crisps like a Hoxtonite to a bad hair-cut.

I did my back in (no other phrase for it, I think I've pulled the muscles, but for all I know I could've bruised some fat) well over 10 days ago and I still can barely move. I keep wandering over to my flatmates with a tube of Deep Heat looking pathetic til they rub some in for me. And although I truly have done the adventurous sporting activities mentioned earlier, they were about 3-6 years ago previous to and during Uni; before I discovered the joys of really good kitten heels and grown-up French cuisine.

I'm 25 yet feel more like an octogenerian. Something must change. I think I'll join my friend of the pink pages and do a Jane Fonda video.

Just as soon as I can walk again, that is...

4 Comments:

Blogger Katrina said...

Oh the smell of Deep Heat, yes it has pervaded the whole house. Not that I mind actually, smells quite nice and I'm rather thinking Becky should use it as a permanent substitute for her usual perfume!!
Deep Heat versus Dolce Vita!!!

I know what you mean about feeling old and people at work don't believe me when I talk about clicky ankles and dodgy joints. Let's just face it, we're degenerating at a faster rate. We are the couch potato, fast food generation! I can hardly believe that this time last year I was treking 500 miles across Spain!!

8:02 PM  
Blogger Shizue said...

Are you saying you don't like my perfume?

I've been wearing it for about 7 years and you never thought to mention it before?

And, hang on, you always say that I smell like 'me', rather than of perfume coz I've been wearing it forever, so are you saying not just that my choice of perfume is icky, but that I - by association - am a stinky-poo?

All hurt now...

5:04 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Yes, you smell - get over it!

11:47 PM  
Blogger I'm Over The Moon said...

You have my sympathy anyway. I have a genetic all over badness and if it's not my back going in some manner it's my hips trying to pop out of thier sockets. Volatrol gel is better than deep heat, trust me i've tried every brand going. the same genetic condition stops localised painkillers working, so you can see the problem.
sympathy to katrina too, dolce vita reeks! try emporio armani she, it's much nicer (sniffs own shirt) mmmmmmm.

1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home