Tuesday, May 31, 2005

swishy, swishy

Men in capes or long swishy things:

Good
Anakin, Mace and Obi in StarWars III
Batman
Daniel Auteil's character in Le Bossu (extremely swishy, swishy!)
Zorro
Van Helsing - though I'm not sure about the polo neck

Bad
Superman
Hammer Horror vampires
Robin
Braveheart (the dangly bit of his kilt)
Ming the Merciless
the orange-haired baddie in the Incredibles

Men who didn't need a cape
Wesley from The Princess Bride
Flash Gordon

Men who really needed something
The Phantom - so wrong, on so many levels

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, men in capes. I've gone all gooey.

Why are capes sexy? Why?

9:33 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Oh leave ol Mel alone!! I know I'm not 15 anymore but Braveheart was what started me off on my Mel Gibson craze which poor Lindsey will remember only too well!!! I even confess that I own a copy of the film - quite significant for someone who owns very few others!!!

9:30 PM  
Blogger I'm Over The Moon said...

ooh! ooh! You missed Frank N. Furter! The best cape swisher on film!

1:45 PM  
Blogger Shizue said...

Oh gosh, yes! And the suspenders! SUCH legs! And the ability to lounge stylishly. :)

9:39 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

No no, the trump card is definitely David Bowie as the Goblin King in Labyrinth. How could we forget!!! Just been watching selected scenes from the DVD with Becky tonight and he really has a whole wardrobe of capes in that film!!! Shame about the tight fitting leggings though!!

I thought it would be fitting to paste an image here but I can't seem to do that so you'll have to make do with the link instead.

http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=Jareth%2C%20Labyrinth&hl=en&lr=&sa=N&tab=wi

11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home