Friday, September 16, 2005

Bag Lady

Helloooo out there?

Anyone?

Hello?

Ah yes, as has been pointed out to me, I've been incommunicado recently due to my new job being incrediably stressful and busy (in a good way - I think the grey hairs really suit me) and the fact that I have been turfed out of my lovely Edwardian 3 double bedroom house and into a late Victorian (hiss, you should see the fireplace) 1 bed flat.

Actually, its a nice flat with a pretty view across Victoria Park, but it is still 2 bedrooms, a staircase, a toilet, a garden and most importantly a loft down on my last place. Many people would say 'Where's the problem? You are one person, you have a one person place, I see no issue' and they would be wrong so wrong! Moving the piano was a pain but do-able, but my dears! The living room resembles a jumble sale after a particularly militant set of Grannies have been let loose on it and my kitchen surfaces are currently waving the white flag after armies of spice and herb jars went on the march, as if over enemy terrain. I feel like I've put my new home under siege - just shove some laurel leaves on my head and call me Napoleon, I suppose.

Do you want to know what all this stuff is made up of? Well, here's an extract from an email I sent my friend:

Clothes
11 bin bags full
3 large suitcases
2 small suitcases
1 gargantuan blue holdall (Katrina has one so she knows how big they are)
1 under-the-bed clothes storage thingy

Shoes
7 shoeboxes (filled)
3 bootboxes (filled)
4 (very) large bags filled with approx. 35 pairs

Books
5 boxes
2 medium suitcases
1 small suitcase

Practical items
1 rather small cardboard box

Its not good is it?

So, I'm elegantly clothed and shod, my mind has stimulation aplenty, but bugger me if I can find where I've put the bog roll.

9 Comments:

Blogger Shizue said...

No, no, no, no, NO!!! Spammed by a Property website!? Oh - the irony! I want to punch something now.

And 'Love the graphics'!? They're off the bloody template!

Grrr.

9:00 AM  
Blogger I'm Over The Moon said...

Take meg's lead and invest in some versatile solutions for modern living? hem. and one of those lovely flamenco lady toilet roll covers...
Happy New House!

9:48 AM  
Blogger meg said...

You're a genius! That's just what my new flat is missing. I'm also planning an army of gnomes for the garden, who will be joined by a giant reindeer at Christmas.

4:37 PM  
Blogger Shizue said...

still got that union jack bunting?

4:57 PM  
Blogger I'm Over The Moon said...

oh, oh, and a statue of little baby Chjoisus!

4:08 PM  
Blogger meg said...

Sadly, the Union Jack bunting was disposed of when I moved house. We still have the tigerskin rug though.

Does anyone have any Charles and Di crockery? That would look great.

3:06 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

"Practical items
1 rather small cardboard box"

Says it all really!!!

6:44 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Oh Becky oh Becky Oh,
You don't need that many shoes or clothes,
Give a few items to your friends
And learn to forego the latest trends
And that'll be the solution to your woes.

HAVE YOU MISSED ME BECKY???? :-)

6:44 PM  
Blogger Shizue said...

Don't rhyme at me, I'm not your sister!

Besides, you're suggesting I have some sort of control over my shoe and clothes buying compulsion.

8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home