Monday, April 24, 2006

Someone hates me...

I'm quite disturbed. That's 'disturbed' in the 'I'm fairly perturbed' sense, not the 'where's someone put my straitjacket?' sense.

It seems that someone hates me, and moreover that they have fairly good reason. I am currently contemplating crawling under my desk, but that would put me in close proximity to my footwear and at the moment that makes me writhe in shame. (Hard to imagine, I know). Let me fill you in on the background...

Sunday night I received an email from persons unknown stating "You are a thief". I had no idea who the person was, the only clue was that the email was cc'd to an old friend from Uni. I emailed said friend who insouciantly responded "Oh yeah, she hates you - you stole her shoes".


?!??

I don't remember this.


According to reliable sources, a few years ago at Uni I got rat-arsed in the bar, ogled this girl's shoes, then later in the nightclub hared off with them. What happened to the footwear post-nightclub is a mystery. Certainly they haven't remained with me. What I don't get is how I managed to snaffle them in the first place. I mean to say, how can you not notice someone removing your strappy shoes? (I'm making an assumption here, I can't imagine I would steal a pair of trainers or such like).

I've sent a tentative email back offering to reimburse the cost of the missing tootsie-warmers but so far its been a frosty silence.


This is perhaps not (embarrased little cough) my finest moment.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erm.... Hasn't she left it rather a long time before contacting you about this? And how strange not to explain herself in anyway. I think in the circumstances you are very kind to offer to reimburse her!

11:38 AM  
Blogger Shizue said...

But think of it! Someone has held a grudge about me for nearly 4 years!

There's nowt so queer as folk.

12:23 PM  
Blogger meg said...

I've held a grudge against you for fourteen. Can't remember why though.

2:55 PM  
Blogger Shizue said...

fourteen what? Years? Minutes?

3:55 PM  
Blogger meg said...

Years. I think you may have forgotten to return my pencil sharpener. Or added the letter 's' to my name on my homework diary. Or decided to have your birthday the day after mine every year therefore always upstaging me. I can't remember. I'm sure it was important though.

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home